The ABCD – Association for Brazilian Bilingual Children’s Development – main objective is to assist Brazilian-Australian families and families of Portuguese-speaking children to conquer the challenges of bilingual upbringing in Australia.
The ABCD is a volunteer, not-for-profit organisation, dedicated to the development of Portuguese-speaking bilingual children.
What does the ABCD do?
The ABCD assists Sydney families with a Brazilian connection to achieve their dream of bringing up their children in a balanced and fulfilled bicultural environment. It does this through:
- Teacher-led playgroup sessions for children aged 0 to 3
- A bilingual pre-school program for children aged 3 to 5
- Portuguese language classes for children, teenagers and adults
- Cultural and social events for Portuguese-speaking bilingual families
- Dance classes for children aged 5 to 15 years old.
The Brazilian Playgroup, the PlayEscola offers fortnightly play-and-learn sessions for children aged 0 to 5 and their parents
Portuguese Language ClassesFrom children aged 5+ yrs
The ABCD offers Brazilian Portuguese language classes to children from five years of age in various locations in Sydney
PreschoolFor children aged 2 to 5 yrs
Community Kids Brookvale (Warringah Mall) offers a parallel Portuguese program for children aged 2 to 5.