The ABCD offers Brazilian Portuguese language classes to children from five years of age in various locations in Sydney, Australia.
The ABCD is a member of the NSW Federation of Community Language Schools and accredited by the NSW Community Languages School Program of the Department of Education and Training (DET) NSW.
It employs only qualified and experienced Brazilian teachers and uses a curriculum based on official Australian and Brazilian requirements.
The classes aim to assist parents to teach their children to speak, read and write in Portuguese and maintain their Brazilian cultural traditions so as to help the children to become proficient, proud bicultural beings.
- Terms follow the NSW public schools calendar
- Classes take place once a week and last two hours
- ABCD accepts NSW Creative Kids Voucher – Please e-mail vouchers to email@example.com
- ABCD Books are sold separately $50 per school term
- Term fee payments are not refundable
2023 School Term Dates
- Term 1/2023:
30 Jan – 6 Apr
- Term 2/2023:
24 Apr – 30 Jun
- Term 3/2023:
17 Jul – 22 Sep
- Term 4/2023:
9 Oct – 19 Dec
Bellevue Public School
163 Victoria Road
Bellevue Hill 2023
Brookvale Public School
Mon, Tue and Thu 4-6pm
Wednesdays Online Classes 4-7pm
2 Old Pittwater Rd ,
Samuel Gilbert Public School
Ridgecrop Drive, Castle Hill 2154
Clemton Park Public School
185 Bexley Road
Killarney Heights Public School
10 Tralee Ave,
Killarney Heights 2087
Orange Grove Public School
Fridays 4 to 6pm
Perry St ,
Maroubra Bay Public School
Marrickville West Public School
Mona Vale Public School
2 Waratah Street,
Mona Vale 2103
North Sydney Demonstration School
NSW School of Language
35 West St,
Mon and Fri 4-6pm
Online classes – Please contact us for dates and links
Sutherland North Public School
Saturdays 10.30am -12.30pm
12 Auburn St
How to Enrol
1. Become a Member of ABCD
Annual membership applies to all student families ($50 per family per year or $120 per family for three years). Membership is paid when first enrolling and again after one year.
2. Enrol in the Portuguese Classes
- Secure Online Visa, Bankcard, Mastercard – Invoices will be emailed by Xero System.
- EFT online or in-branch deposit (insert your child’s full name in reference field). Details are: Assoc for Brazilian Bilingual Children’s Develop Inc, BSB 062 170, Account Number 10090609 . FEES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE.
More information about classes, download our handbook or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.